From the Big screen to the Concert stage" Kevin Costner & Modern West Coming to Athens, Greece Wednesday October 14th, 2009
The modern genesis of Modern West began when Kevin's wife, Christine, encouraged him to reconnect with his love of music.
However, the history of the band goes back over 20 years when Kevin met John Coinman in a dirty, downtown warehouse in Los Angeles during an acting workshop. John was a musician with an intense interest in acting and Kevin was an actor with an intense interest in music. They became friends and began to play and write music together along with another friend, Blair Forward. That collaboration turned into the band Roving Boy - a rock band with an edgy Western style and a small record deal in Japan where they had a #1 single called "Simple Truth".
As Kevin's star began to rise, the band continued behind-the-scenes playing, writing, and recording anytime they could get together. Coinman and Forward both ended up in Tucson, Arizona, where they met guitarist/producer Teddy Morgan and drummer Larry Cobb. So in 2005 when the three former Roving Boys decided to build a new band together, they brought in Teddy and Larry and named it Modern West.
Born from a shared love of music and comprised of a tight-knit group of long-time friends, Kevin Costner and Modern West draw their influences from a broad tapestry of American music and beyond. The show itself flows from original material penned by the band to cover songs written by some of music's giants.
KEVIN COSTNER & MODERN WEST
- 2009 CMT Nomination for Video of the Year "Backyard".
- Kevin Costner is the 2009 spokesperson for NASCAR Foundation.
- Album "Untold Truths" spinning on stations across North America.
- "Untold Truths" to be released in Europe early 2009.
- Performed live at Grand Ole Opry in November.
- Band performed "Long Hot Night" in the box office hit movie "Swing Vote".
- Summer 2009 performances include: Stagecoach, Big Valley Jamboree and Detoit's WYCD Hoedown.
- Past performances: Casino Regina, Casino Niagara, House of Blues, Bull Durham 20th Anniversary Concert, The Cove Atlantis, Harrah's Lake Tahoe.